What is drug overdose? It is when you take a higher dose of medicine than what was recommended by the doctor. It could also as a result of being sensitive and therefore the drug becomes toxic to the body system.
Drug overdoses can be accidental or intentional. They occur when a person takes more than the medically recommended dose. However, some people may be more sensitive to certain medications, so the low (more dangerous) end of a drug may be toxic for them; a dose that is still within the range of acceptable medical use may be too much for their bodies to handle.